The railway station
The railway line from Oporto reached Vesúvio and the last stop of Pocinho in 1887. With it, transport became easier and so Dona Antónia was able to travel more frequently to the Douro Superior. It was this that opened up the region for development and spurred on hopeful investors. Such was Dona Antónia’s status and influence in the region that a purpose-built railway station was constructed to serve the property. The train still stops here.